- Current paid up members of City of Swansea Rowing Club
- Applicants to join City of Swansea Rowing Club
- Participants in Learn to Row courses
- Coaches and Volunteers
City of Swansea Rowing Club is bound by the UK Data Protection Act 1998. This Act regulates the way organisations can collect, use, keep and disclose personal information. It gives individuals the right to know what information an organisation holds on them and a right to correct any information if it is wrong.
The Club has reviewed the information it holds with regard to the new General Data Protection Regulations which come into force from 25th May 2018.
Please note that without provision of the information listed below it is not possible to continue to offer membership of the club. Club membership gives members access to rowing training and events which are regarded as "legitimate purposes" for holding data under GDPR.
To see how the club stores and uses your information please see the information below
City of Swansea Rowing Club keeps the following personal information on each member:
- Personal details (such as names,addresses, birthdays, allergies and illnesses)
- Contact details i.e. telephone number, email address
- Parent or guardian details
- Financial details relating to payment of club subscriptions and entries to regattas
Where we store your personal data
- Personal information is held on the Club's membership database in a secure area
- When attending regattas club officers will hold a list of members competing along with any emergency contact information and relevant medical information. This will be deleted after the event
- This information is taken from Membership forms submitted by those wishing to join – if this information changes members are able to update their details via the on line link when renewing their membership or paying regatta fees.
How long is your data stored for
- Payment information is held for the period from payment for 7 years in line with financial regulations, however the club does not retain individual bank or card details
- Learn to row Course members' information is held for the duration of the course unless the participant then takes up a subscription with the club
- Any medical information is held for one year and will need to be resubmitted on renewal of subscriptions
How is the information used?
City of Swansea Rowing Club uses the information for:
- Keeping a record of all club members
- Submitting on line entries into regattas
- Ensuring Safeguarding issues are addressed
- Checking payment of Members subscriptions
- Ensuring that coaches/club officers are aware of club members who have any medical conditions or physical disabilities
Who has access to your information?
- Coaches and Officers from City of Swansea Rowing Club directly involved in the coaching or welfare of club members
- City of Swansea Rowing Club will also share your information, if appropriate, with the following third parties:-
- British Rowing – when the Club enters crews for regattas using the British Rowing on line site -members details are submitted in order for the entry to be valid
- Details of financial transactions including membership payments through Paypal are provided to the Club's accountants for audit purposes
A link to British Rowing's policy is below:-
If you have any concerns about the use of data for these purposes or would like a copy of the data we hold about you, requests should be made in writing to the Club's Data Controller