Membership Costs and Benefits
2019 - 20 Membership fees (October to September)
- Full Member £150
- Junior Member £110
- Country Members and
Summer Rowing Students £50
- Term student £60
- Social Member £40
These fees cover the cost of insurance of the boats all members must also be members of the British Rowing to ensure correct personal third party cover. The Club Membership also covers the affiliation cost to Welsh Rowing but does not cover the cost of any bought in land training sessions such as Pilates or Circuit Training.
- Most types of membership begin on 1st Oct and end on 30th Sept of the following year. Renewal notices are sent out in Sept, for prompt payment by end of Sept to ensure continuity of membership.
- New members to the club who arrive on or after the 1st April can buy 6 months of membership for 50% of the usual cost. Membership will finish on 30th Sept. Note this is not available to applicants who have been members during the previous calendar year
- Any member who arrives or renews on or after 1st July can buy 15 months of membership for 100% of the usual cost. Membership will finish on 30th Sept of the following year.
- Students who study away from Swansea can buy Summer Student membership, which runs from 1st June for 12 months.
- Any Student can buy Pay-as-you-go membership for £20 per term (3 terms per year). Memberships will terminate on 31st Dec, Easter and 30th June for each term. Any Student buying 2 terms in one academic year will get the Summer free, i.e. terminating on 30th Sept.
- A discount of £25 is available on any 12 month (or longer) membership for ONE additional family member who is also a member of City of Swansea Rowing Club. Thus if a brother and sister join, the first pays full price, and the second pays £25 less.
- If a Member has not paid or made arrangement to pay membership by end of October they will not be allowed to row.
Membership Application/Renewal and Health Form
Please use the new Online Membership Form
New Adult Beginners session
Dates and times to be notified.
The Club welcomes all perspective members including people who have never rowed or have limited rowing experience. Even Steve Redgrave started somewhere and the Club is committed to providing opportunities for rowing whatever the background or ability. In order to introduce participants to the sport of rowing City of Swansea Rowing Club run Learn to Row courses at various points during the year.
£50 covers a course of up to 6 sessions (normally 2 per week, where possible on consecutive Thursdays and Sundays) coached by qualified level 2 coaches utilising equipment designed especially for those new to rowing and progressing by the end of the course to the fine shell racing boat used by the seniors.
Participants are introduced to the basic stroke using rowing machines on land before taking to the water at the earliest safe opportunity. The course progresses at the speed of the participants with coaches offering flexible sessions tailored to the ability and speed at which the group progresses.
By the end of the course participants will be of sufficient standard to join full senior training sessions to hone their skills and should they wish to, take part in races.
These sessions are strictly for adults (18+) - any junior wishing to join are very welcome to attend the 10.15am Saturday session. Please refer to the training page for further information
If you are interested in becoming a member of City of Swansea Rowing Club or taking part in the beginners sessions Please email us with a description of your basic ability, age, and any special requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our contacts page for further details.